Startup Haven is growing. As we grow we recognize that we have choices to make. These choices will determine the kind of organization we become. Our founding beliefs will drive everything we do.
- Building a company is hard… ridiculously hard.
- The founder experience is unique… only other founders really understand.
- Entrepreneurship is an egalitarian meritocracy.
- The best help for founders comes from other founders.
- The full potential of entrepreneurship can only be realized when we fully embrace diversity and inclusion.
- Founders have no time for low-value interactions.
- Available opportunities for building meaningful relationships with other founders suck.
- An organization that is not financially sustainable cannot scale its impact.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life of all founders and increase their probability for startup success by connecting them with education, opportunities and, especially, each other. We take “all founders” seriously and will support, defend and (to the extent possible) increase diversity and inclusion in everything we do.
We will fulfill our mission by creating a quiet space (high-signal, low-noise) where serious founders are the focus of everything we do.
Entrepreneurship has grown exponentially around the country and around the world. Startup Haven’s impact increases every time we connect a new founder into our community. We will sustain and scale our impact by growing our community and by innovating on the ways we can add value to founders. We can’t be everywhere, but there’s nowhere we can’t be.