Startup Haven Ambassador
Startup Haven is growing and our Ambassador program is evolving. Like a startup, we’ll make changes based on what we learn.
The Ambassador Role
The startup ecosystem in every city is unique. Startup Haven depends on the knowledge, insights and passions of local Chapter Directors and Ambassadors who are actively engaged in their local startup community. If you identify with the following then you might be a good fit for an Ambassador.
- History of deep involvement as a founder, exec or investor
- do you truly understand the startup experience?
- Passion for startup community development
- do you care about making an impact?
Most Startup Haven Ambassadors are actively involved in their startup community, often as an active startup founder, exec or investor. So they’re busy. We understand. As an Ambassador, we don’t require any specific time commitment. Whatever you can spare is fine. The only formal commitment is an in-depth conversation to ensure that we have a shared understand of the Startup Haven mission and to identify the activities and goals that make the most sense for your particular interest, network and skillset. In addition, we will from time to time invite you to (optionally) join in on Chapter Director phone calls when we are discussing particular initiatives in your city.
As a Startup Haven Ambassador, here’s how you can help.
- Help us understand how best to support your city’s startup ecosystem.
- Every city is different and we want Startup Haven to be responsive to the unique needs and intricacies of all of our chapter cities. To accomplish this, we’ll ask for your advice from time to time and we ask that you let us know when you see something that you think we should know about. We will also keep you in the loop as we take on new initiatives.
- Help us grow.
- As Startup Haven membership grows in a city, so does it’s impact. But because of our strict membership requirements we mostly fly under the radar. So we rely on members, Chapter Directors and Ambassadors to help us get the word out. Because there are so many “networking” events and groups out there (many of which don’t deliver much value to serious founders) we need your help in cutting through the noise so that qualified folks can understand that Startup Haven is different and find their way to our door.
- Become a Startup Haven expert.
- Make us an expert in YOU.
- As you help us we also want to help you. As we work together we want to be on the lookout for how we can do that. We will from time to time share with others your role as a Startup Haven Ambassador and we will keeps a look out for opportunities that we think you will be interested in.