2024 Diversity Scholarship Program
Startup Haven is proud to partner with Cooley Law to offer this scholarship program for founders from under-recognized communities.
Our mission is to uplift and support under-recognized communities by providing elevated access to Startup Haven membership and resources. Our application process is clear and straightforward, ensuring that all potential applicants understand the application, selection and onboarding processes. We will treat all applicants with dignity and respect and all will receive a follow-up within a reasonable timeframe, regardless of the outcome.
- Startup Haven Premium Membership: Successful applicants will receive a one year free Startup Haven Level 2 membership. See benefits here.
- Cohort Peer Support: In addition to connection into the wider Startup Haven founder/investor network, scholarship recipients will be connected through a cohort-based peer group.
- Legal Benefits Package: Each team receives a valuable package of legal services from Cooley Law.
- Press release in collaboration with our scholarship partner, Cooley Law.
- Feature in the Startup Haven newsletter and blog.
- Promotion on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they meet the Startup Haven membership requirements by completing a Startup Haven member application. Startup Haven Membership requirements are:
- Applicants must be working full-time as the founder of a venture-scalable startup company.
- Applicant’s startup company must have some elements of traction or early progress, e.g., co-founder, production product, customers, revenue, investment capital.
- In addition, the applicant’s startup company should:
- be incorporated for less than two years
- have raised less than $250,000
- Applicants will submit their “founder’s journey” story in less than 1,000 words.
- Qualified applicants who are not selected for a scholarship will still retain Level 0 membership status.
- Open only to people who are not already members.
Admission & Onboarding
- Applicants will be drawn from among partner organizations that provide support to underrecognized founders.
- Recipients will be congratulated and notified of their award by joint email from Startup Haven and Cooley.
- Startup Haven will schedule a group onboarding call with selected founders to discuss scholarship benefits and the onboarding process.
- Startup Haven will draft a press release and social media content and will provide a media schedule including content for Cooley’s review.
- Recipients will have a single point of contact for questions regarding the scholarship program through [email protected].
Application & Evaluation Schedule*
- Application deadline: Feb 7
- Selection process complete: Feb 15
- Recipient notification: Feb 28
- Onboarding calls with each organization: March 19 – 23
- Quarterly scholarship cohort call: March 15
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our partners and applicants and we will treat carefully all sensitive information shared during the program.
For any further queries or clarifications, please contact us.
*Application and evaluation schedule are subject to change.
Startup Haven reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions of the scholarship program at any time.