Seattle Tech Week
Startup Poker 2.0 Event Basics
Capacity for this event is limited and poker seats are even more so. As such, not everyone who applies to attend will receive a ticket or a poker seat.
First preference for tickets will be given to full time founders working on venture-scalable startups and active startup investors.
A portion of the poker seats will be reserved for Startup Haven founder and investor members, in membership order (i.e., Level 2, Level 1, Level 0)
If you do receive a ticket, please do not bring uninvited guests.
The event free to attend, including food and drink, but all poker players are responsible for their buy-ins.
The Startup Poker 2.0 Game
The poker at Poker 2.0 is real — but the stakes are kept low to keep it and to keep the focus one building relationships. Whether you’re new to poker or a salty old pro, we structure the game to be a great experience for everyone, regardless of skill level — beginners are welcome!
- The poker game is tournament-style Texas Hold’em.
- There are two buy-in levels, $20 and $50.
- All players compete for the combined pot of all the $20 buyins and addons. High rollers who play at the $50 level are also competing for a side pot with all of the other $50 players.
- There are unlimited rebuys for the first 5 blind levels and a 150% add-on at the break.
- All of your rebuys and your addon must be made at the level of your first buyin.
- 50% of the buy-in pool will be donated to the event charity and 50% will be distribute to the winning players.